Do you ever wonder if being around in the world(s) as you have, (for me it's mostly a writer's group and the people I'd met through an online group) that being around with people, especially that you admired...that you find thing have rubbed off of you.. That you yourself have been changed? Perhaps not always in ways you think afterwards are positive? I wander sometimes about my snark and sarcasm juxtaposed with a gentle, nature as seems God has given me... and I wonder. . .
Oh to be around people sharing ideas getting new ideas can be good. I don't think we should closet ourselves away like hermits or monks. But sometimes I wonder with people such as we admire, have we been changed for the better? Or are we letting ourselves becoming something else just to maybe one day catch the eye or the approval of someone we dearly wish for?
Th Magician's Nephew
by CS Lewis
"All the sharpness and cunning and quarrelsomeness which he had picked up as a. London cabby seemed to have been washed away, and the courage and kindness which he had always had were easier to see." (Frank, a London cabby after being brought to Narnia.)
"Kate & Leopold (2001) - Quotes - IMDb
www.imdb.com/title/tt0035423/quotes
You, Charles, are a merry-andrew. Charlie: A what? Leopold: Everything plays a farce to you. Women respond to sincerity. This involves removing one tongue from one's cheek..."


No comments:
Post a Comment